Monday, May 4, 2009

Family Fun Night


Aahh, Family Fun Night...that special night of the week where families fight mercilessly, or where (hopefully) some fun is had and sibling bonds are created. We're about 50/50 on that scale!

For today, I thought I'd share a fun game that our family has loved over the years. Remember the PBS show, "Zoom?" (I loved that show as a kid) I'm pretty sure that's where we first learned this game. Our family simply calls it "The Sock Game".

To play, each person needs to be wearing a pair of pants with two back pockets, and have a pair of long socks in his or her possession. We found that Dad's suit socks (much to his dismay) work the best. Each player puts one sock in each of his back pockets, so one end is hanging out.

The goal of the game is to steal everyone else's socks out of their pockets while trying to protect your own (but you can't hold on to your own), all the while moving only on your hands and knees. (You can see in the photo that Little Missy happens to be cheating by standing up. We did cut her some slack since she was only 4 at the time!) When both of your socks have been stolen, you are out, and the last remaining player with at least one sock wins! Move the furniture and get ready for a little craziness, because it gets a little heated and lively, but it's great fun!

We're always on the hunt for a new game or activity. Do you have any family favorites? Leave me a message, or send me an email if it takes a bit to describe it, and we'll give it a try! Happy Family Night!

4 comments:

  1. SHELLI! What a super fun idea! Oh, my kids would absolutely LOVE this! I'm going to give it a try for sure- I know it will be a hit in this household.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sweet Friend!! I've been thinking of you and then you show up on my blog- I love how that worked out!!

    I don't have time to comment on every post but- your kids are SO big; your projects are SO cute and I am thrilled to see you selling and sharing them; and my kids love Fablehaven and Brandon Mull too (I just picked up the first but have to put it down for my book club book this week-sigh).

    We need a Willow Park Reunion! I miss you! Thank heaven for blogs to help us keep in touch- I'm so glad you left a comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! My girls would LOVE this as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are those clean socks or socks that came out of the laundry?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Needle in a Haystack Designs.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.