Monday, May 11, 2009
The Top 5 Reasons I Love Stitching:
1. It's a relatively inexpensive hobby. Only a few dollars for a hoop, a needle, some fabric and floss, and I'm set. My husband loves that too.
2. It's portable--I can tuck it in my bag, and pull it out while waiting at the doctor's office, or on long car rides.
3. It illiminates guilt. I can sit down guilt-free, and watch my favorite shows or movies, and stitch while doing so. I'm still productive while vegging, and it's relaxing, too!
4. It's an art that I can hand down to my children, and anyone can do it (yes, anyone!).
5. When given as a gift, it truly says, "I love you." Don't you love receiving gifts that are hand-made? I sure do.
If you are new to the world of stitching, I have a free download that will teach you several basic embroidery stitches, and provide you with the free project shown here (the project is great for those experienced as well!). When you have completed stitching it, it will fit perfectly into a 5x7 frame, and will be ready to give away or keep for yourself! Be sure to holler if you have any questions I can help you with. I want you to enjoy stitching as much as I do! Good luck with your free project!