Sunday, May 17, 2009

The 5K Update!



Well, I have to give you an update on my 5K experience. I learned that being in the 40 and older category has its benefits! I have no idea how many women in my age group ran---it could have been 3, it could have been 300 (that's the one I'm going with). But to my great amazement, I won second place! Who knew? My good friend and neighbor took the first place spot, (you rock, Susan!) and we had a fun and encouraging run after some initial, friendly trash-talking.

And my little guy? He left me in the dust as I knew he would, and he took 3rd place in his division. He was thrilled.

So, my cramming pulled through for me, and my kiddo and I had a great and memorable experience together. As he received his medal, it warmed my heart to see him achieve a goal that he had set. And then to hear him cheering so loudly for me when I received mine, was icing on the cake. We made a great team. I think I might have running fever. But then again... maybe not. We'll see how I feel next week!


5 comments:

  1. How fun! Congrats to you and your son, and so glad you enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to both of you, but you especially for finishing. I don't think I could even run a mile and I've been practicing all winter. (kind of)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay funny lady- I used (and loved) the Couch to 5K program on Coolrunnings AND I used that same photo with the orange shirt for one of my blog posts!!

    Congratulations to both of you! We have been running as a family now for just over a year and it has given us some fantastic memories- like running in the snow and through Disneyland!! (Soren, age 8 when we started, and the older girls run the 5k's.)

    Kelly and I then continued the training and finished a half marathon in December and will run our second next month. It has taken over a year for me to say that I like running but I do and especially the time it gives me with my family!

    If you ask me- I would say
    Keep running!

    ReplyDelete
  4. go shelli go!!! super mom, what don't you do???
    see you at IP Bills in July, right?!?! What are you guys up to for the 4th? We will be in Provo want to come down and attend the annual Freeze pool party? We are blessing Jillian on the July 5th in Lindon, would luv to have you there!!! *cami

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such an awesome mom!!!! I'd be huffing and puffing all the way across that finish line. That is so cool that you did it with your little guy. He will always remember that.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Needle in a Haystack Designs.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.